Sunday, November 15, 2009

Little Green Jug

Here is my dresser reveal! The make-over is complete, and I'm quite pleased with it!

Before:


Let's get it all out there. This is in our bedroom. I'm embarrassed by the dust, and clothes on the floor, but let's all just get over it and focus on the dresser.

Notice how the bottom left drawer pull is hanging askew. When I bought it off Craigslist, it was missing a screw. So anytime I pulled the drawer out, this pull would swing out to the side.

During:


I started off thinking I was really smart and efficient, and just bought a few cans of spray paint. That's how they always do it on HGTV. Well, unfortunately, spray paint should not be used on smooth surfaces. So, I wisened up after about 3 cans, and found some plain white interior paint on a shelf in our garage. I don't know how old this paint is....we inherited it with the house. But I think it's safe, because when I mixed it, it looked fine. I do believe there are some cans in there, though, that are "original" to the house. Meaning, 33 years old. So, we should probably discard of those soon to avoid any potential lead poisoning.

Friday night, Kennedy took me to Hobby Lobby to look at drawer pulls. DID YOU KNOW????? They have drawer pulls now! And lots of them. And really cute ones. Plus, they were all half-off.

I love Hobby Lobby.

Here is my selection:



Total cost for these knobs was $8. What a steal!!! I'll say it again.

I love Hobby Lobby.

The big reveal:

Wait for it.....


Wait for it.....


Wait for it.....



I'm hooked. I'm off to look on Craigslist for some more potential projects!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!! And i totally agree..Hobby Lobby is the best! the dresser is so cute..and love the drawer pulls..im going to have to go get some myself now :)

Courtney said...

You did such a great job!!! I love projects like that around the house

Stephanie Dean said...

I love it! So cute. I love that the knobs are each different!

John Campbell said...

You should of sanded the top part down and stained it to match the wood floor/staircase
then it would of blended in even mor eperfectly

Blogging tips